Today is quite the eventful day. Cinco de Mayo (on a Saturday no less!) AND the Kentucky Derby.
1. In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I give you this super easy recipe for margaritas thanks to All Recipes.
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 6 fluid ounces tequila
- 2 fluid ounces triple sec
Fill a blender with crushed ice; add the ingredients. Press go. VOILA!
2. Or, if you want to make things easier for yourself, just head to CHARRITOS in Hoboken. They have will MAKE you a pitcher of Margaritas for $9. Just bring tequila.
Here’s a pic of their homemade guacamole, which really doesn’t compare to any other guac I’ve tasted. And it’s made right in front of you! I would definitely say Charritos is probably one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in the Boken.
3. If you want to get some shopping in whilst getting your drink on, then head to Platform, Air Studios, and 1 Fifty Five Boutiques.
They’re doing a Boutique Bar Crawl today.
4. Other Mexican joints to check out in Hoboken today include:
- Baja Mexican Cuisine – 104 14th Street
- East LA Hoboken – 508 Washington Street
- Qdoba Mexican Grill – 400 Washington Street
- The Taco Truck – 62 Newark Street
…And now for the Derby:
5. Make yourself a Mint Julep:
6. Put on a pretty hat.
7. Get yourself to a bar.
Events in #Hoboken celebrating the Derby include some of these:
- Maxwell’s Derby Party – mint juleps, pretty hats, pimiento cheese spread, fast horses, of course… and rock & roll.
- Liberty Bar is celebrating the Kentucky Derby AND Cinco de Mayo in style. They’re calling it the Cinco de Derby. I kinda like it.
- The Turtle Club’s Derby Celebrations are already going on… so giddy-up!
…Now the question is, which holiday/event will you choose??
It’s kind of hard to wear a pretty hat AND a sombrero, while downing mint juleps AND tequila. So you must make the choice. Hoboken is definitely a great place to be today.
Have a safe and fun time, and tweet me where you’ll be!